Flight Operations Controller and Frozen ATPL holder
A highly motivated professional with a life-long passion for aviation.
Strong practical and problem-solving skills. Collaborative, with an open-minded approach.
Flight Operations Controller
August 2019 – Present
Working closely with aircraft owners and support staff to plan, manage and organise flights across Europe and Worldwide, delivering high levels of customer service at all times.
- Flight planning
- Planning and submitting best available flight plans, in accordance with ATC regulations and restrictions, as well as coordinating airport slots and airways slots (via CFMU), plus weather and NOTAM monitoring
- Flight watch
- Maintaining a proactive and accurate flight watch on all company flights; foreseeing any possible delays and taking preventative action.
- Arranging and overseeing services for the aircraft and passengers, working tightly to any given brief, and organising fuel releases, airport handling and parking, PPR and relevant overflight and landing permits.
- Ensuring clear communications with all parties, including crew and aircraft owners.
- Monitoring crew FTLs and arranging rest days as required, as per EASA regulations. Organising crew transport and HOTAC, while ensuring sufficient rest periods are met prior to flying duties.
Turnaround Coordinator (Dispatcher)
May 2015 – October 2015
- Safely coordinated the arrival and departure of aircraft, within the scheduled turnaround times, while delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensured full compliance with standard operating procedures at all times, completing the mass & balance and load sheet documentation. Oversaw loading and documentation of security items, such as unaccompanied bags and firearms.
- Coordinated the safe and timely delivery of all services to the aircraft, including fuel, catering, passenger and crew transport, ramp agents, ground equipment, engineering and water.
Senior Aeronautical Analyst and Charting Trainer
February 2010 – April 2015
- Developed a high-level of aircraft knowledge, air traffic management, aviation safety, charting and the ARINC-424 specification (used in Flight Management Systems).
- Founded a training department in the UK office and coordinated training throughout the UK, Canadian, Indian and recently closed Swedish offices. Designed, maintained and distributed training documentation, as well as delivering courses to colleagues and external customers.
- I was selected as the UK representative to visit the Canadian office, and represented the company in Taiwan and Malaysia, where I gave presentations to new and prospective customers, together with aviation authorities.
- After delivery of new software, I managed the installation, user acceptance testing (QA testing) and verification processes to ensure the specification was adhered to and that it conformed to our internal standards and the audits of aviation regulations worldwide.
Cabair College of Air Training
2007 – 2009
An intensive course of ground and in-flight based training, gaining a vast amount of aviation knowledge.
Received 89% average and first time passes in all ground exams.
Passed all six flying tests first time and to a high standard.
Airline Qualification Course
Airline standard initial CRM, JAR-FCL MCC and advanced jet handling skills.
Fully immersed in a Line Orientated Flight Training (LOFT) environment.
Passed all examinations and assessments first time and to a professional level.
Multi-Crew Co-Operation Course
Cabair College of Air Training
Classroom and flight simulator based training, created to develop teamwork and communication skills to and practise the ability to work effectively and safely with others.
Phillip Nangle Furniture
2015 – Present
As a self-employed designer and maker of furniture, I worked predominantly on commissions, many of which were obtained through pitching directly to customers at events.
2018 – 2019
We restored a 1996 VW Polo Harlequin. It’s currently estimated that only 27 are currently registered on British roads.
The British Airline Pilots’ Association (BALPA) is the professional association and registered trade union established to represent the interests of all UK pilots. They represent over 10,000 pilots and are recognised in 23 different companies; that’s over 85% of all commercial pilots flying in the UK. The association holds the largest collective resource of commercial pilot qualification and experience in the UK.